If you have watched the show Bucket List, you will know that it is a show about 2 men who have been diagnosed with terminal cancer. Instead of lying down in a hospital ward and wait for their impending doom, they escape and head off in a road trip to accomplish a list of “To-Dos” list before they die.
One of the characters, Carter, writes a “bucket list”, or a list of things to do before he “kicks the bucket” (or die in plain English). To me, the best part of the show is that they decided to really live life to the full and chase their dreams. This took a lot of courage and determination. Moreover, it made me cry.
One thing that totally struck me was that these two guys were really living and very different from many people in today’s society where a lot of people feel that dreams and reality are two opposing forces. I started to ask myself, what will I really want to accomplish before I die?
Here’s my bucket list:
- Go skydiving
- Finish an iron man competition
- Learn polo
- Be proficient in mandarin
- Speak to a crowd of at least 5000 people
- Drive a race car and speed (really speed at 210kmh)
- Travel around the world for 3 months straight
- See the Grand Canyon
- Be part of the Oktober Fest in Germany
- Be driven into the Istana and have a drink with the president
- Talk to multinational CEOs from Fortune 500 companies
- See Christ Redeemer in Brazil
So… my question, will you start living and pursue your bucket list? Will you leave your comments and share your bucket list?