During our Personal Development Night (the first Wed of the month), we listened to Jim Rohn’s teachings about personal development.
He shares how learning about sales and marketing has changed his life and earned him a lot of money. People pay a lot of money to listen to him, but I got access to his materials for the price of a cup of coffee a day!
Some important principles that apply to your business and life that Jim Rohn shares.
1. Profits are better than wages.
Wages make you a living, but profits make you a fortune!
2. Use stories to share with your friends.
They are impactful and touches the hearts of people. Personal stories are great because people usually remember stories.
3. The Magic of Part-Time is a great recruiting tool for MLMers
Example, I earn xxx from this part time job. or This vacation was paid for by my part time job. If you earn another $1000 from a full time job, nobody wants to know about it, but if you earn $1000 from a part time job, everyone wants a piece of it!
4. It’s not what happens that determines your life future, its what you do that determines your life future.
5. Opportunity is always mixed with Difficulty.
6. For things to change, I have to change.
7. Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better.
Don’t wish for less challenges, wish you were wiser.
8. If you do something enough, a ratio will appear
The law of averages always appear. (Useful for sales people to know)
9. I make up for numbers for what I lack in skill.
10. To achieve greatness, serve.
Service to many, leads to greatness.